Learn about how VOSD awards grants to rescuers and NGOs so that they can help more dogs across the country.
VOSD works with dog rescuers & NGOs throughout India for the betterment of the lives of stray dogs. Earlier, we engaged and helped different agencies on a case-by-case basis by donating 15 laptops and computers. CUPA Bangalore, Sarvodaya Bangalore and Friendicoes were beneficiaries and hosted fundraisers that made critical infrastructure possible for the Maruthi Shelter in Bangalore, St Bernardo in Gurgaon, and many others. We have paid for the rescue and medical care of hundreds of dogs in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and 30 other cities and have funded and arranged for their eventual transportation to the VOSD Sanctuary.
The VOSD GRANTS are for you as a rescuer or a registered non-profit. It gives access to VOSD’s reach and goodwill to help the dogs in your immediate surroundings. You have access to the grant after a one-time registration with VOSD.
You can apply for VOSD GRANTS if you are:
- An individual or a group of rescuers with a minimum of 3 years of operational experience.
- A stated no-kill dog rescue facility.
- A registered trust or NGO with 3 years of work. In the case of trusts, preference is given to non-80G trusts. Trusts with FCRA certificates cannot apply for VOSD GRANTS program.
You are not eligible if you are:
- A registered trust with an FCRA.
- Entities that receive any form of government funding from Central, State, or Local governments.
- Volunteer or officeholder with a non-profit or trust may not apply for VOSD Grants.
VOSD GRANTS will be given as one or more of the following categories:
VOSD develops and sells world class-leading over the counter drugs and applications including for ticks and flea management, nutritional supplements, grooming, etc.
- To help the dogs that are in your permanent care in your shelter/ home etc VOSD will ship you monthly/ quarterly a predetermined set of VOSD medical supplies.
- For each set of 20 dogs per quarter, you will receive up to 3 x 200ml bottles of VOSD Fipronil tick and flea treatment, 3 x 200 ml of medicated shampoo, 1 nutritional supplement, 1 tick and flea treatment for outdoor use. Up to a maximum value of Rs 10,000 per quarter. The annual value of each grant will be Rs 40,000 per grantee per year.
Rescue Grants are cash grants that are towards the rescue of a specific dog. This is available to you strictly as reimbursement of payments, the treatment is not done at commercial rates but you’ve found an optimal treatment cost, provided you supply the amount of funds unpaid and pictures/footage/background of the dog(s) that need help. The cash grant is up to a maximum of Rs 10,000 per dog and not exceeding Rs 5,00,000 per grantee per year for co-sponsored dogs.
In this grant, VOSD will co-sponsor a project you have conceived. VOSD will need to understand the project as a project report, and on mail and phone discussions. VOSD may request you to limit, expand, or modify the project based on our cost, operational and management experience. Such co-sponsored projects will be crowdfunded by VOSD jointly with you and run on VOSD’s digital platforms and preferred crowdfunding platforms.
These grants could be for veterinary assistance or infrastructure, veterinary equipment, spay/neuter programs, special needs programs, medical expenses for senior animals, rescue or adoption programs, street feeder programs
VOSD’s obligation will be to the tune of funds transferred/delivered by the crowdfunding platform. You may not independently raise funds for the same project in a period of 12 months from the conclusion of the co-sponsored project. The annual project grant will not exceed Rs 8-9 lacs for each grantee.
Digital marketing, social outreach, and operational support
VOSD has tremendous experience in managing digital outreach, social media and digital marketing, campaign management, branding and e-commerce with:
- A monthly engagement rate of 1 million-plus engagement on our social platforms and websites.
- An operational e-commerce platform built from scratch including product development, branding and order fulfilment.
- 2-3 campaigns run annually with an average of Rs 10 lacs realization per campaign.
- Managing a supply chain and facility with 850+ resident dogs and a vet hospital.
We share this experience with the community in talks, one on one consultations etc. As a VOSD GRANTEE, you will have 4-5hrs of a FREE consultation with our experts and access to VOSD workshops priced at Rs 10,000.
VOSD Sanctuary grants
As a VOSD GRANTEE, you will be able to send up to 5 dogs (limited at 1 dog per 20 dogs in your care) per year to the VOSD Sanctuary without any surrender consideration, otherwise this costs up to Rs 1,00,000 for the year. This facility is dependent on our overall admission capacity and approvals for sending dogs will be given on a case-by-casis basis.
How to become a VOSD Grantee
Start by sending a one-page email (600-1000 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact details, stating when you/ the organization started working, its purpose, link to your social/online pages for reference, the reason why the grant (clearly state amount of funds needed in INR) is being requested, and why you wish to associate with VOSD.
Depending on this and an initial assessment of your requirement, more information including proof of funds received by government agencies, references, etc. may be requested.
Every grant proposal will be reviewed by the VOSD team on an ongoing basis. Proposals will not be considered for a full evaluation if the applicant, project, or costs are not directly related to the welfare of stray and/or abandoned dogs.
The GRANTS FIGURES are indicative numbers and may be modified for individual grantees needs.